It's been a few weeks, but I had to share with you this week's favourites, mainly because of...
1) The Prophetic Voice of Leslie Knope from Her.Meneutics at Christianity Today. Tish Harrison Warren perfectly encapsulates why Parks & Recreation inspires me in between the laugh out loud moments and truly brilliant writing.
2) How One Stupid Tweet... is a fascinatingly disturbing look at Twitter-shaming and is a little-too-reminiscent of The Circle.
3) SNL 40. I'm quite thankful late night shows like SNL and Jimmy Fallon post clips on youtube for those of us who live overseas. Now it's time for The Daily Show (I can't even talk about Jon Stewart leaving yet) to follow their lead!
4) A Conversation with Sufjan Stevens. I've been mildly obsessed with Sufjan since Illinoise and was thrilled to hear of his upcoming release, Carrie & Lowell. Pitchfork interviewed him recently, revealing heartbreaking and honest details about grief, faith and art.
5) We got our visas renewed (and without last year's total epic renewal meltdown), so we're now legally able to stay in Ireland another year. 2016 will be the big year in more ways than one, but for now we're good. Many thanks to those of you who prayed... xo
During Lent, let us find concrete ways to overcome our indifference.— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) February 17, 2015
5.5) I love this quote from the Pope and it reminds me that during Lent, I need to slow down, pay attention and meditate on the cross. So I'll be off social media (Facebook & Twitter) and maintaining a slower pace in the blogging.
What are your favourites from this week? Any Lent reading suggestions?